Having to keep appliances in your home such as an air-conditioner is something that you’ll need to maintain and at the same time keep the parts structured as possible. The reason for its maintenance is to keep the appliance as good as new or make sure that it is still working well. The benefit of having a well-maintained air-con is surely a great investment, especially if that particular brand is manufactured in a sense that its features are better than the usual brands available in Singapore.
When it comes to maintenance everyone is either calling for a skilled AC contractor to do the maintenance or repairing it for yourself. The usual thing that happens is that most people try to repair their air-con without even reading the manual. So this results to spending more money either on further repairs or purchasing a new air conditioner appliance. To avoid more common mistakes that most people do, here are the following things from Cool Earth AC that you’ll need to avoid in the maintenance of your aircon.
- Not giving time off- there are some people who constantly want to have their air-con at its fullest service. However, it is not all the time that an appliance can last long all day. So you need to be very careful in taking care of your equipment and gadgets that you have in your home or the business office. Keep in mind that these things also need time to rest. Alternatively using your appliances will benefit you in using the equipment.
- The setting of the thermostat- if you are not aware that there is a degree for setting the thermostat of your air conditioner, it would be best to have someone do it for you that knows more about the appliance rather than setting it for yourself. If the thermostat is wrongly set this could lead to an easy breakdown of the air-con. This because the thermostat takes its time before it can truly set the room temperature to your desired choice. Most people would just abruptly set it into a higher speed which is not advisable.
- Replacement of filters- one of the important things that you’ll need to practice is to change the filters of the air-conditioner regularly. The purpose of the filters is to simply exchange the air from heat to cold that makes the room temperature comfortable and convenient. However, if you are not replacing it regularly, this can be prone to an easy damage.
- Unable to call for service or maintenance regularly- did you know that changing filters are not enough for you to do? There should be an entire system of maintenance and check ups that you should be doing. In this case, if you are not calling for HVAC assistance regularly it could only lead to a great damage to your air-conditioner.
- Repairs- when it comes to repairs, this should be at least one of your priorities because you have invested your time and effort in getting an air-conditioner. This is one thing that most owners of air-con neglect: their responsibility in taking care of the appliance.
Find out more in this here.